Your health is easily the most important aspect of your life! Being healthy doesn't just mean you can run further, it affects every aspect of your life. From waking up in the morning feeling fresh and recharged to deal with the day or being able to play with your kids after a long day at the office. A healthy person not only feels good, but looks good also. By looking good I am referring to more than just looking buff, I mean your skin is brighter and more vibrant, shadows under the eyes are less pronounced and you give off a general air of energy and vitality that attracts others to be around you!
Whether you are a runner, an active gym member, a social tennis player or just go out and take the dog for a walk each day, the positive impact that regular exercise will have on your body, mind and lifestyle is incredible! Regular exercise can help protect the body from a number of diseases and conditions. It is also one of the best methods for keeping happy and content. It is truly amazing how exercise can help improve both a person's mood and self confidence, indirectly therefore preventing one from falling into depression or anxiety.
A well balanced exercise plan should include a mixture of cardiovascular and weight training exercises. This will ensure calories are burnt, whilst also increasing the muscle to fat ratio which will increase a person's metabolism.
If you are just starting out on a new exercise routine, take it slow. Too often I see people decide "okay I am going to get fit and look like that model I saw in a magazine" they then proceed to hit the gym or track etc with the motivation and attack of a trained special forces unit, under fire in a war zone! The usual result is injury, excessive fatigue and a complete loss of enthusiasm and motivation. Like a baby learning to walk, take it in increments, and before you know it you will be at the top of your game!
Often the most overlooked factors to beauty are: outlook/mindset, passion/enthusiasm, knowledge and other character traits which we all have and are part of our true beauty; our inner beauty!
The following are a few tips you can use to stay healthy and beautiful:
* Read books daily to work out your mind and keep it sharp! Keeping an active mind has been proven to lower the risk of developing Alzheimers. One of the best methods is to learn a new language, even if it is just an around the house game, a well exercised brain, stays younger and vibrant longer!
* Everyone gets stressed, and work often has a lot to do with it. Try and do something special for yourself everyday to reduce the stress. Simple things you can do for yourself, like having a hot bath or going for a swim, will help you relieve stress greatly.
* Pollution also has quite extreme effects people's moods and stress level. Try and combat this by maintaining a healthy balanced diet. spend time in parks and maintain some house plants, both at the office and at home!
* Become healthier by cutting out those bad habits! Quit cigarettes and cut down on alcohol drinking. It is amazing the positive effect these two changes will have on your health and well being. As an ex smoker I can assure you, cutting down or better yet giving up the habit will increase your energy levels like nothing else!
* Be positive! Start the day with a positive outlook towards life. Wake up in the morning and feel enthusiastic for the day ahead. Just as exercise makes a person feel better, so does a smile! Smiles are very positive, and moreover they are very contagious. Not only will it brighten your day, but for others around you as well!